Skip to main content

La Decima (Or Anything Else Referencing Ten)...

...can only mean one thing, at an average of one every 22 days, 5 hours and 20 minutes, I've smashed the 10 blog post milestone. What a return!*

There's a trio of world issues to quickly cover before we get down to the nitty gritty:

1) Conflict in the Middle East - that needs sorting out
2) The Gremlin in the Kremlin - who does he think he is?
3) Depression - it was incredibly sad to hear about Robin Williams last week. My favourite turn of his was as bearded psychologist Dr. Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting

I often ponder what my contribution to the world will be; Will it be interpretive t-shirt dancing? It almost certainly won't be Shredteas. Could it perhaps be the below? A Tommy tickling of both science and business...

A while ago now I purchased a Guinea Pig called Jimmyboy Sheridan, a name he'd given himself. I'd heard this particular strand of the pig family were useful to have around when it came to conducting experiments, of which I had a few ideas bubbling away.
             
                               
The first (and last) experiment that we would conduct together was actually Jimmyboy's idea. A migraine sufferer from birth, he'd discovered popping paracetamol took off the edge, so would often invest in up to 2 packets at a time from any of the leading high street outlets. I never thought to ask him until now where he got the money to support his habit, but as will be revealed shortly, I can't now because he's dead.

The one issue that plagued Jimmyboy more than anything else was opening a fresh packet, only to be presented with the user manual spooning the drugs like a big papery sleeping bag. For, and it might not come as a surprise, he only had little Guinea Pig hands and couldn't unravel what lay before him. He made me promise on his death bed to include the below image. I said my readers will probably be able to picture it, but we played rock, paper, scissors and he won, ironically with paper. 


What Jimmyboy really wanted to engineer was a way to always open on Perfection, thus enabling easy access to his pills and subsequent pain relief. 

We had a cup of tea (which there's a picture of somewhere), before setting off to buy 100 packets of Paracetamol. Like Family Fortunes ask a question to 100 different people, we wanted to pose our own unique question to 100 different packets, i.e. open them all in a lab setting. A lot of time, money and effort went into purchasing those drugs, mainly (and I can say this now he's gone) by me, so when I left them on the bus on the way home it really did bum me out.

"Fear not though", I said to Jimmyboy, "we'll just open this one packet you still have 100 times and see what that tells us." 

In hindsight we should have just done that from the start and I'll be honest, after we did, it really didn't tell us anything, which in turn bummed the poor rodent out. This wasn't to be the end of our brief time together however, as low and behold he had a friend he wanted to introduce me to called Abu. 

Sadly, it wasn't the cuddly cartoon monkey from Aladdin, but was none other than Abu Hamza, the bearded extremist with a hook for a hand. I can't recall how they'd met.

Abu, at this point still living in swinging London, had wanted to open a premises that combined two of his hidden loves; cycling and coffee, whilst at the same time playing down some of his other (not so well hidden) loves; racial hatred and the Steven Spielberg epic Hook.

I was drafted in to help out and the result once the dream team were together was none other than 'Look Mum No Hands!', which can still be frequented in Old Street today. In fact here we are on opening night...


Sadly the power and drugs went to Abu's head. In the immediate aftermath of our success he was often spotted preaching on street corners about other popups that he wanted to start in the area, 'Apprentices-hips' being one such splattering of nonsense.

It wasn't to be however and after he eloped to New York with his boyfriend, I never saw him again.

There was to be no happy ending for Jimmyboy unfortunately (who I have already mentioned dies) as moments after the above photo was taken, the guy in the background reaching for a gun shot him.

The End

Producer and Project Director: Serena Stubley


Editor: Michael Goodenough


Key Grip: Colin Beer


Visual Effects Editor: Raju Muhamahudhalwala


Visual Effects Assistant Editor: Mark England


Production Sound Mixer: Lee Pickles


Boom Operator: Nik Skankwani


Costumes: Jane Smele

*It became apparent moments after posting that I've only actually done 9 blog posts, rendering the title and opening paragraph of math useless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling All Office Fans

    Who's been to the Coventry Conference? Ah yes, the fictional Coventry Conference, co-ordinated by the equally fictional Eric Hitchmough . A man whom I've never fictionally met, or even seen, yet know so much about. From his little withered hand, the wanking claw , to his signature catchphrase, ' I don't agree with that in the workplace !' Eric is... and that is what I want.    If I've lost you, I can only assume you're not quite the fan of The Office that I called for in the title of this post, or I'm not the writer that I think I am! Allow me to explain...    T he Office is the single greatest sitcom of all time, sure, so it makes sense for it's legion of fans to have a social outlet to congregate and quote the show to their heart's content. The Facebook group ' Do You Not Know Who ERIC HITCHMOUGH Is' ,  DYNKWEHI , provides such a platform.    With it's mix of quality quoting, imaginative imagery and creative commenting,

London Actually

   London has literally been around forever. With a multitude of sights, sounds, smells and tastes, there's something for everyone. In the past month, I myself have begun to scratch the surface on weekends. Come forth and let me share my experiences. Or, if you want to know what it's really like, watch Love Actually .    My first jaunt was to a cinema so secret, it's called Secret Cinema . The date was Sunday 5th March, the film Moulin Rouge . For those unfamiliar with the concept, you while away an evening in a purpose built set, combining live action performances with a screening of the film in question. Nothing's secret really, as the film and location are provided beforehand. Presumably, this is so people aren't left wandering the streets, wondering what they've signed up for.    Photos are strictly forbidden, but I'd describe my venture to late 19th century Montmartre as boozy, magical and slightly embarrassing, when one of the actors tried to make

(Joint) Employee Of The Month...

...isn't something to be sniffed at. Just because I wasn't good enough to win it outright doesn't make me sad in the slightest. So when the honour was bestowed upon Internet Enquiries earlier this year, in one of the summer months' beginning with 'J', I was pleasantly surprised. Fast forward to November, a month beginning with 'N' that falls somewhere in the middle of autumn, and we'd finally settled on a location for our victory meal. It was a triple celebration for myself, having of course also won Morsel of the Month in September and having had a haircut in October. The meal itself went off without a hitch. We even found someone with a disposable camera to take a picture of us... The team: circa 1996/97 - 2014 ...I only managed a starter and main myself, but had a lovely selection of cheese and crackers waiting for me on my return home. It's at this juncture I feel it appropriate to plot my 2014 achievements on a line gra