Skip to main content

Who The Fuck...

...is Tommy Greatrex then, really? In one way or another I've been asking myself this question all my life, yet still I find myself nowhere near an answer. If, for some reason, you've read either of my first two blog posts* you're probably just as confused as I am.

Based on what I've been told at various times in my life, by different people who may or may not have liked me, I sometimes vaguely look a bit like 'ginger' and 'not so ginger' celebrities. Out of all this hearsay I've created a sliding scale that I like to call The sliding scale of Tommy Greatrex-ness. See Exhibit 1A.

Originally existing solely in my mind, the sliding scale allows me to plot my physical appearance and current state of mind twofold:

1) How ginger I feel in myself (flowing from left to right) 
2) How stressed I feel with life (flowing from the outside in)

To save any confusion, as it can be a bit of a mindbender, the scale can be seen in a physical format above for you to peruse at your leisure. 

It shouldn't be forgotten, however, that sometimes I go off piste (vague Winter Olympics reference) and will don myself a baseball cap. You'd have thought this in itself would require a whole new sliding scale of Tommy Greatrex-ness but luckily for me there's wheelchair bound lad in the rather good BBC sitcom Bad Education who couldn't be more spot on, so I just try and mimic him.


Taking the above out of the equation and just focussing on what I've been up to in recent weeks, I've mainly been a customer advisor for Audi/Aldi (the one that does the cars!) Vorsprung Durch Technik!

This slightly strange turn of events is quite ironic given my own track record with the 4-wheeled machine. All I'll say is you've not quite experienced humiliation until you've failed your driving test, with 4 majors and 15 minors (which technically is another major), in half the time it would take a normal person to complete their test.

Enough about me though, in my next post I'll be reviewing Potdog, the bunless hotdog, and also creating my very own alternative meal, using only Shreddies and a cup of tea. I won't give too much away on that though now.

*Check me out with a subtle yet delightful link back to previous posts. Go on, have a look when you get a chance. 353 Days Until Christmas... and The Difficult Second Blog Post...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling All Office Fans

    Who's been to the Coventry Conference? Ah yes, the fictional Coventry Conference, co-ordinated by the equally fictional Eric Hitchmough . A man whom I've never fictionally met, or even seen, yet know so much about. From his little withered hand, the wanking claw , to his signature catchphrase, ' I don't agree with that in the workplace !' Eric is... and that is what I want.    If I've lost you, I can only assume you're not quite the fan of The Office that I called for in the title of this post, or I'm not the writer that I think I am! Allow me to explain...    T he Office is the single greatest sitcom of all time, sure, so it makes sense for it's legion of fans to have a social outlet to congregate and quote the show to their heart's content. The Facebook group ' Do You Not Know Who ERIC HITCHMOUGH Is' ,  DYNKWEHI , provides such a platform.    With it's mix of quality quoting, imaginative imagery and creative commenting,

London Actually

   London has literally been around forever. With a multitude of sights, sounds, smells and tastes, there's something for everyone. In the past month, I myself have begun to scratch the surface on weekends. Come forth and let me share my experiences. Or, if you want to know what it's really like, watch Love Actually .    My first jaunt was to a cinema so secret, it's called Secret Cinema . The date was Sunday 5th March, the film Moulin Rouge . For those unfamiliar with the concept, you while away an evening in a purpose built set, combining live action performances with a screening of the film in question. Nothing's secret really, as the film and location are provided beforehand. Presumably, this is so people aren't left wandering the streets, wondering what they've signed up for.    Photos are strictly forbidden, but I'd describe my venture to late 19th century Montmartre as boozy, magical and slightly embarrassing, when one of the actors tried to make

(Joint) Employee Of The Month...

...isn't something to be sniffed at. Just because I wasn't good enough to win it outright doesn't make me sad in the slightest. So when the honour was bestowed upon Internet Enquiries earlier this year, in one of the summer months' beginning with 'J', I was pleasantly surprised. Fast forward to November, a month beginning with 'N' that falls somewhere in the middle of autumn, and we'd finally settled on a location for our victory meal. It was a triple celebration for myself, having of course also won Morsel of the Month in September and having had a haircut in October. The meal itself went off without a hitch. We even found someone with a disposable camera to take a picture of us... The team: circa 1996/97 - 2014 ...I only managed a starter and main myself, but had a lovely selection of cheese and crackers waiting for me on my return home. It's at this juncture I feel it appropriate to plot my 2014 achievements on a line gra